As part of the EXCELLERAT project, SSC is developing a secure data exchange and transfer platform to facilitate the use of high performance computing (HPC) for industry and to make data transfer more efficient.
With the increase of complexity in research and development, the importance of high performance computing (HPC) in the industrial environment continues to rise. The most common usage is extensive data calculation and simulation, which contribute to the development of innovative products as well as their analysis and optimisation.
The unique value proposition is that SSC connects small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) with HPC centres. The platform realises the data transfer from the data producer (SMEs) to the data processor (HPC centres) and back.
During the exchange of data or the provision of data to be computed, workflow monitoring keeps track of where the data comes from, what is done with it and where the result needs to be transferred to. Should a second run with the same data be required, the workflow identifies the data already present to avoid redundancies and thus increase the speed of the transfer. In addition, smart compression rules are applied to reduce the large amount of data provided. Versioning of the computation job is mandatory at this stage to monitor data throughput. This measure minimises the amount of changed data to be considered.
The benefits of the SSC Data Management Platform include:
- Simplified access to high performance computing (HPC)
- Secure, fast, traceable, automated, and intelligent data exchange
- Time and cost savings through a high degree of automation that streamlines the process chain
- Calculations that can be started from any location with a secure connection
- Workflow management
- Support of any simulation software (open source or licensed)
- Easy usage thanks to a user-friendly frontend surface
The SSC Data Management Platform will be available via the EXCELLERAT Service Portal in the second half of 2022.
If you are interested, please contact: